1. Parties. Universal Medical Aesthetics Pty Ltd (UMA) will be referred to as “Seller” and the person or company purchasing as indicated on the front hereof will be referred to as “Buyer.”
2. Buyer’s Assent to Terms and Conditions. (a) Seller hereby objects to and rejects any and all different or additional terms or conditions contained in any order submitted to Seller by or on behalf of Buyer unless specifically agreed to in a writing signed by an officer of Seller. Under no other circumstances are any such different or additional terms to be considered a part of this Agreement. (b) No representative or agent of Seller has any authority to make any different or additional representations or warranties on behalf of Seller. (c) Until Seller issues a new quotation, the terms and conditions hereof shall govern all sales of goods of the type described on the face hereof by Seller to Buyer regardless of whether the price of such goods changes or Buyer orders such goods in excess of the quantity specified in this Agreement.
3. Price Adjustments. The prices stated herein do not include any sales, use, or other taxes unless so stated specifically. Such taxes will be added to invoice prices in those instances in which Seller is required to collect them from Buyer; provided, however, that if Seller does not collect any such taxes and is later asked by or required to pay such to any taxing authority, Buyer will make such payment to Seller or, if requested by Seller, directly to such taxing authority. At Seller’s option, prices may be adjusted to reflect any increase in the costs of Seller resulting from state, federal, or local legislation, or any change in the rate charge or classification of any carrier.
4. Payment: Title and Risk: Shipment.* Unless otherwise specified by Seller, all prices are F.O.B. Seller’s factory or warehouse from which shipment is made. Terms of sale are Net 30 Days for accounts having established credit. Other shipments are made C.O.D., subject to Seller’s Credit Department approval. Regardless of the manner of shipment, title to any products described on the front hereof and risk of loss or damage thereto shall pass to Buyer upon tender to the carrier at the factory or warehouse of Seller, except in those instances in which delivery is made by Seller’s vehicles. No deferment of shipment at Buyer’s request beyond the respective dates indicated will be made except on terms that will indemnify Seller against all loss and additional expense, including, but not limited to demurrage, handling, storage, and insurance charges. The price is payable net thirty (30) days. Interest shall be paid on demand on past due amounts at the rate of two percent (2%) per month or the highest lawful rate, whichever is less. Buyer hereby submits to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts for the State of NSW, Australia, and said courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue to adjudicate the rights and obligations of the parties relating in any manner to this Agreement. * ALL credit terms are subject to Seller’s Credit Department approval.
5. Warranty and Limitations of Liability. Seller warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal and proper use in accordance with instructions of Seller, for a period of one year from the date of delivery to Buyer. Seller’s liability under such warranty or in connection with any other claim relating to the products shall be limited to, at Seller’s option, the repair or replacement of any products or parts or components thereof which are returned to Seller freight prepaid and which are defective in material or workmanship, or the refund of the purchase price to Buyer. This warranty is not intended to cover consumer products, which are purchased by Buyer for purposes other than resale. If Buyer is not intending to resell the products, and if the products are consumer products, the foregoing warranty, but not the limitation of Seller’s liability, shall be null and void. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED ABOVE, SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE OR OTHERWISE ON THE PRODUCTS, OR ON ANY PARTS OR LABOR FURNISHED DURING THE SALE, DELIVERY, OR SERVICING OF THE PRODUCTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE TO BUYER FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, OR AS THE RESULT OF, THE SALE, DELIVERY, SERVICING, USE, OR LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCTS OR ANY PART THEREOF, OR FOR ANY CHARGES OR EXPENSES OF ANY NATURE INCURRED WITHOUT SELLER’S WRITTEN CONSENT, EVEN THOUGH SELLER HAS BEEN NEGLIGENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER’S LIABILITY UNDER ANY CLAIM MADE BY BUYER EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCTS IN RESPECT OF WHICH DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED. See also Product Warranty and Repair.
6. Claims: Commencement of Actions. No claims for shortages will be allowed unless such shortages are reported to Seller within 10 days after delivery. No other claims against Seller will be allowed unless asserted in writing within 60 days after delivery or, in the case of an alleged breach of warranty, within 60 days after the date within the warranty period on which the defect is or should have been discovered by Buyer. Any lawsuit or other action based upon breach of this contract or upon any other claim arising out of this sale (other than an action by Seller for the purchase price) must be commenced within one year from the date of the tender of delivery by Seller or, in the case of a cause of action based upon an alleged breach of warranty, within one year from the date within the warranty period on which the defect is or should have been discovered by Buyer.
7. Contingencies. Seller shall not be liable for any default or delay in performance if caused, directly or indirectly, by acts of God; war; force of arms; fire; the elements; riot; labor disputes; picketing or other labor controversies; sabotage; civil commotion; accidents; any governmental action, prohibition, or regulation; delay in transportation facilities; shortage or breakdown of or inability to obtain or non-arrival of any labor, material, or equipment used in the manufacture of the products covered hereby; failure of any party to perform any contract with Seller relative to the production of the products covered hereby; or from any cause whatsoever beyond Seller’s control, whether or not such cause be similar or dissimilar to those enumerated. Seller shall promptly notify Buyer of the happening of any such contingency and of the contemplated effect thereof on the manufacture and delivery of the products.
8. Loss to Buyer’s Property: Patent, Trademark, or Copyright Infringement, Etc. Seller shall not be liable for, and shall have no duty to provide insurance against, any damage or loss to any goods or materials of Buyer which are used by Seller in connection with this order. Where any product is manufactured from patterns, plans, drawings, or specifications furnished by Buyer, Buyer shall indemnify Seller against and save harmless Seller from all loss, damage, and expense arising out of any suit or claim against Seller for infringement of any patent, trademark, or copyright because of Seller’s manufacture of such product or because of the use or sale of such product by any person. At Seller’s option, upon receipt from Seller of written notice of any such suit or claim, Buyer shall appear in and assume the defense of the litigation.
9. Seller’s Specifications, Technical Data, Etc. Any specifications, drawings, plans, notes, instructions, engineering notices, or technical data of Seller furnished to Buyer shall be deemed to be incorporated herein by reference the same as if fully set forth. Seller shall at all times retain title to all such documents and Buyer shall not disclose such to any party other than Seller or a party duly authorized by Seller. Upon Seller’s request, Buyer shall promptly return to Seller all such documents and copies thereof.
10. Buyer’s Obligation: Rights of Seller. If Seller shall at any time doubt Buyer’s financial responsibility, Seller may decline to make shipments hereunder except upon receipt of cash payment in advance or security or other proof of responsibility satisfactory to Seller. If Buyer fails in any way to fulfill the terms and conditions on the front or the back hereof, Seller may defer further shipments until such default is corrected. Remedies provided herein shall be in addition to, and not in lieu of, other remedies.
11. Cancellations. Universal Medical Aesthetics Pty Ltd (UMA) may, at its sole discretion, agree to cancellation of an order or the restocking of goods shipped to a customer, if goods are in as-new condition and original packing materials are intact. In such event, the following minimum charges shall apply: 1. Cancellation Charges: If cancelled more than two weeks prior to scheduled shipment, the charge will be either 20% of total order or $3000, whichever is greater. If cancelled less than two weeks prior to scheduled shipment, the charge will be either 20% of total order or $4000, whichever is greater. Special and custom products cannot be cancelled.
12. Limitation on Assignment. Neither party may assign any of its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of the other except that Seller shall have the right to assign to any corporation into which it shall be merged, with which it shall be consolidated, or by which it, or all or substantially all of its assets, shall be acquired.
13. Export. If the products are to be exported, this order is subject to Seller’s ability to obtain export licenses and other necessary papers within a reasonable period. Buyer will furnish all Consular and Custom declarations and will accept and bear all responsibility for penalties resulting from errors or omissions thereon.
14. Entire Agreement. This document contains the entire agreement between Seller and Buyer and constitutes the final, complete, and exclusive expression of the terms of the agreement, all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or negotiations with respect to such terms as are included herein or are the subject matter hereof being merged herein. By way of illustration and not limitation, Buyer’s order shall be deemed to incorporate, without exception, all the terms and conditions hereof notwithstanding any order form of Buyer containing additional or contrary terms or conditions, unless Buyer shall have expressly advised Seller to the contrary in a writing apart from the printed provisions of such order form, and no acknowledgment by Seller of, or reference by Seller to, or performance by Seller under an order of Buyer shall be deemed to be an acceptance by Seller of any such additional or contrary printed terms or conditions. In the event of a written request by Buyer for additional or contrary terms or conditions, then such modifications may only be made in these terms and conditions by a written instrument signed by one of Seller’s officers.
15. Severability. In the event that any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other provision hereof shall violate any applicable statute, ordinance, or rule of law in any jurisdiction in which it is used, such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of such violation without invalidating any other provision hereof.
16. Governing Law. This document and the sale of any products hereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of NSW Australia.
17. Quotations. Any drawings, specifications, or other data attached to any Quotation furnished by Seller shall be deemed to be a part thereof. Quotations furnished by Seller are not intended as and shall not be construed as constituting an offer to Buyer. Any quotation of Seller is subject to, and shall not become binding upon Seller until (i) actual receipt by Seller of Buyer’s written order based on all the terms and conditions stated herein, without qualification, within sixty days after the date hereof, and (ii) Seller’s written acceptance of such order at its main office in Sydney, Australia.
*Treatments of Acne and Facial Thread Veins (as well as port wine stains, pigmented lesions, wrinkle reduction, and vascular conditions will require supervision by a Medical Practitioner or TGA certified equipment. When we train you on how to use a machine from us it is vital that you are made aware of, and understand our requirements as well as your own. Below is a short summary of some information that will guide and assist you. More details can be found by contacting us. For the benefit of our students, class sizes are kept small to create a more personalised and effective learning environment. A medical or nursing degree, Certificate 4 or Diploma in Beauty Therapy [or equivalent] is ideally the qualification required to operate an IPL or Laser safely. Without these qualifications, it is advisable to study certain science units from the Beauty Therapy Training Package and achieve a Statement of Attainment. Indemnity Universal Medical Aesthetics Pty Ltd (UMA), its principal, staff and agents will not be held responsible in respect of any property loss or personal injury that the student may sustain whilst participating in a course, however said loss or injury may been caused. UMA will also not be held liable for any damage to you, your property or clients due to our training or the equipment we sell. We will also not be held liable for any loss of income to your business due to the malfunction of any equipment we supply or for any other reason whatsoever. Refer to out Terms and Conditions of Sale and Warranty Statement for more information.