Skin care professionals, dermatologists, plastic surgeons and scientists all over the globe are gushing about the benefits of LED treatments.. There’s a reason for the hype, and skin clinics in Australia are no longer complete without the treatment.
LED therapy was originally developed by NASA to heal wounds and surgery scars, but it happened to have a healthy rejuvenation effect on the skin, too. Because of this, it branched out into the beauty industry and is a popular modern-day treatment. Hollywood stars swear by the treatment, and it’s now become accessible enough for everyone to enjoy the benefits of an LED facial.
The Science Behind how LED Therapy Works
Most people know that LED therapy works by revitalising the skin with therapeutic wavelengths of light energy. By applying the correct wavelengths to the skin, the cells in the dermis layer can convert that light energy into ATP and the cell can do its job more effectively. Fibroblast cells exist to produce collagen and elastin, and they’ll get to work harder.
LED lights are safe enough to penetrate the skin up to 10mm and be absorbed by cells. This reaction stimulates the body’s natural healing process. LED light therapy is divided into two main types of treatment:
- Blue light: Great for dealing with skin conditions like acne
- Red light: Suitable for a wider range of issues, like acne and ageing
We recommend that clients commit to treatments twice a week for 4-6 weeks, to prepare for a wedding or big event. Sessions only take around 20 minutes, so you can treat more customers every day.
The Benefits of an LED Facial
Technology is a beautiful thing and that technology is the reason your clients leave with a smile on their face. Understanding how LED therapy works equips you with knowledge to pass onto your clients, so they know exactly what they’re getting when they come to you for their LED therapy.
Any good LED therapy machine offers a range of benefits to you and your staff, because of their ease-of-use and modern technology. The benefits that an LED facial can offer your clients include:
- Treatment of common skin complaints such as acne and inflammation
- Increases collagen and elastin production, and improves circulation
- Suitable for use after other treatments like facials, laser and waxing for a soothing, healing effect
- Gives skin a natural glow and promotes increased absorption of serums
- Anti-ageing and skin rejuvenation effects
- Brightens the skin, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improves uneven skin tone
- Quick process that can be done on a lunch break
- No downtime
- Affordable and comfortable, feels just like lying in the sun
- No injections involved
- Safe for delicate areas, including the eyes
Establish your beauty business as one of the best by offering LED light therapy for skin. Get in touch with us and we can set you up with the best LED light therapy machine your clients will love.